9am, 10am, Tuesday 5pm:
- Practice pizzicato (pluck) pg.4-5 in Essential Elements Book. Make sure to stay silent on the quarter rests!
- Finger taps like crab pinchers!
- Practice putting your violin in playing position.
- Tips: a) Wave ‘hello’ to yourself, and make a “V” shape with your left hand. Put it under the neck, and align your “V” with your 1st finger sticker.b) Keep a straight thumb c) Make sure to have a mouse hole on the bottom of that “V!” d) No hot stove! e) Tuck the elbow under the violin.
- Practice holding your bow. (Use the link below for pictures.)
Note- please look on the following link for reference:
- Memorize Rolling Along pg.8, #19: Video here – Rolling Along
- Practice Seminole Chant pg.9, #21
- Jingle Bells- pg.14—- Jingle Bells Video
- Practice pg.10, #23-25
- Practice pg.11, #28, 31, 32
- Use the following link for reference- Playing position pics